Binary deltas in apt-get?

Manish Sinha manishsinha.tech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:45:17 BST 2009

On Thursday 11 June 2009 07:38 PM, Donn wrote:
> I'd dig a delta. My network is limited and throttled and choked and expensive.
> The idea of updating sometimes makes me cry (sobbing smiley here). And my net
> connection is actually one of the best out of what's available to me in South
> Africa... Bloody Telkom monopoly (Grrr smiley)

Same here in India. I am now on 256Kbps unlimited connection which is
$15/month. Earlier I was on 256Kbps upto 2Mbps 1GB/month cap connection
at $5/month. Yes you heard it right. 1GB/month!!!

Most of the rural areas dont have net connection, even if they have its
not more than 56.6Kbps. Means dial-up.

--
Manish Sinha