Mr. Shuttleworth gets quote mined (and probably should blog to clear this up)

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:49:15 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-18-06 at 09:28 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

> >> God you gotta love hanging out in what is arguably the most famous
> >> distribution ever. People who don't use it, hate it. Why? I think we all
> >> know the answer to that one.

> > Because they have different tastes and/or different priorities?

> No.  That's an excuse for not trying Ubuntu (and a fine one), but it's no
> excuse for trashing it if you haven't used it (and I mean _used_ it - I
> know I don't like Mac OS X, but I'm not going to trash it because there's
> every appearance that my dislike is purely one of taste and priorities, and
> there might actually be a pretty decent OS there).

Oh, that's just standard fanboyism.  Whether it's cars (Ford vs. Chevy
being the classic from my youth), gaming consoles (PSP/PS3 vs. NDS/Wii),
computer languages (... on second thought I won't start that particular
flame war here ...), editors ({vim vs. emacs} vs. editors that don't
suck bowling balls through garden hoses) or any other issue of taste
over verifiable fact people will always trash the perceived competition.

Or are you missing the 100% ignorant Windows-trashing that goes on in
Linux circles at times?

--
Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> (GoogleTalk:
ttmrichter at gmail.com)