Mr. Shuttleworth gets quote mined (and probably should blog to clear this up)

Derek Broughton news at
Mon Jun 18 13:28:53 BST 2007

Michael T. Richter wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-15-06 at 17:49 -0500, Richard A. Johnson wrote:
>> God you gotta love hanging out in what is arguably the most famous
>> distribution ever. People who don't use it, hate it. Why? I think we all
>> know the answer to that one.
> Because they have different tastes and/or different priorities?

No.  That's an excuse for not trying Ubuntu (and a fine one), but it's no
excuse for trashing it if you haven't used it (and I mean _used_ it - I
know I don't like Mac OS X, but I'm not going to trash it because there's
every appearance that my dislike is purely one of taste and priorities, and
there might actually be a pretty decent OS there).