What happened to lock screen and log out dialog in dapper?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu May 18 08:09:02 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 22:34 -0400, Lukas Sabota wrote:
> Hello,
> 	In my current dapper, I have no option for "Lock Screen" in the system
> menu, and when I press log out, the system goes to GDM and bypasses the
> logout dialog.  Was this intentional?  I can't seem to find any
> discussion of it on the mailing list.

The first was intentional, not the second (which sounds like a bug). The
reasoning is that you have "Lock Screen" in the logout dialogue. I'd
also be in favour of adding it back. It shouldn't be in the logout
dialogue at all, and forcing us to use that makes it unnecessarily
difficult to lock the screen.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF