Development, Community Involvment and Ubuntu Information (was Re: Alternative Init System)

jorge o. castro jorge at whiprush.org
Fri Mar 3 04:50:31 GMT 2006

Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> True, someone should make a summary of them to be posted on the fridge
> instead of the boring "JaneW sent a report" message. For the next
> meeting I'm volunteering to do that.

99% of the boringness on the Fridge is my fault, sorry about that. :)
That being said, the intent is for the Fridge to be a gathering point of
interesting stuff from the community, a showcase of all of our work. If
it's not doing this then we should fix that.

As it turns out it seems that lots of people think that the Fridge is a
stovepipe, this is clearly something that we should fix ... because ...

>> What's the drill with the Fridge then? The list is private, which
>> makes conversation difficult. I applied to join, but got turned down.

^^ when things like this happen then it just discourages people like you
from contributing, and that sucks. There's a link to submit stories and
articles directly to the fridge, but apparently that's not very visible
to people otherwise we'd have more submissions.

I agree that the fridge needs more content. I would especially welcome
any attempts at resurrecting Mako's old -traffic summaries. I think that
 your content ideas are great and you should Just Do It(tm), feel free
to mail me directly and we'll figure something out.

If anyone else has any comments on the fridge, then please say so so we
can make it better. :)

--
jorge