ethical ubuntu

Robin Sonefors ozamosi at blinkenlights.se
Mon Jun 5 22:53:59 BST 2006

I agree with the ethical part, but I feel your spec does it "the wrong
way". When a user has Skype installed already, he'll feel like he's back
in Microsoftland if we start forcing him to "accept the license".

I feel it would be better to do it the other way - when a user tries to
play a, say, WMV-file, say the things you want to say about Skype, and
that it might be illegal and so on. But. Also include a "I don't give a
damn, just play the damn thing!"-button. Don't stop the user from using
his computer - if the user is to be educated, it is before the problem
is solved, not when the solution (Skype, in your example) is already
downloaded, installed and ready to go.