Spec for Edgy: Community Communication

john levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Jun 2 01:06:42 BST 2006

Lionel Dricot wrote:
> I like the Fridge very much and I believe it needs more love and
> perhaps more community joke like the pony.

Well, more community jokes like enlarging your peniche ;)
http://ploum.frimouvy.org/?2006/04/29/105-lutter-contre-le-spam-dans-dotclear

> It also lacks a real editorial line. At the moment, it's unclear if
> it's only official Ubuntu news or not. Very few people must send news
> proposition to it.

Yes, I agree it is ill-defined. Is there a place to send news to? As far
as I can see, it seems like the Sounder is where they get most of the
'Ubuntu in the news' links.

> I suggest to keep those official news but try to
> have more Ubuntu-related-but-still-funny (like the Eric Raymond
> strips). I'm wish all Ubuntu users-Ubunteros consider the Fridge as
> their own news portal with more "Ubuntu fan work" (like the cakes. it
> was awesome :-) )

As long as the mailing list is private, and no one has any idea how it's
run, that isn't going to happen. Open the Fridge!

> If it needs more manpower, I would be proud to join the team of
> redactor/moderator.

Likewise. I'm not just complaining, I want to do my bit.

John