Off topic posts on sounder

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 01:29:52 BST 2006

On 4/3/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 00:25 +1000, Sasha Tsykin wrote:
> > Tristan Wibberley wrote:
> > >
> > > Uh, This *is* sounder we're talking about, right? The poster had only
> > > engaged in "Ubuntu community random chit-chat", even if it was pointless
> > > chit-chat (though I will debate whether a witticism of friendly rivalry
> > > is pointless).

I see the problem here as one of documentation...
on the pages you sign up with the sounder list it's described as:
"Ubuntu community random chit-chat list"
and
"Anything goes Ubuntu community chit-chat and discussion list"

To anyone well versed in the language of english this pretty much
means "Say what you like within this list" (the "Anything goes" bit is
a real confusing point :-P )

Perhaps because Ubuntu and Sounder has grown beyond it's initial
intentions, we should be redefining sounder and then make the relevant
changes to where people sign up.

But in my experience for an "off-topic" list this one is pretty tame
and under control, I suspect that Jeff just doesn't want it heading
too far in the direction of other off-topic lists and so is jumping in
a bit early to head it off at the pass :-)

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10