Support for MTD devices (NAND/NOR Flash)

Wolfgang Tolkien wtolkien at cypress.bc.ca
Mon Feb 29 06:03:58 UTC 2016

I'm new to Snappy, and so far it seems very impressive! I have a few
questions though: we are looking at Snappy as a possible platform for
future products and I noticed that all the hardware platforms that are
supported so far seem to have SD/MMC/eMMC storage (or of course regular
HDDs/SSDs for larger systems)

Is it possible to run Snappy on hardware that uses MTD devices in
combination with filesystems such as UBI or JFFS2?

And if the answer is no, are there any plans to support this in the future?

Many thanks,
Wolfgang