Thinking of installing snap on Debian due to scarcity of snap packages for armhf

Luther Goh Lu Feng elfgoh at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 08:24:18 UTC 2017

I did a filter of armhf packages for Ubuntu Core 16 snap packages, and found there to be less than 120. I did a search for nginx based on the mentioned filter and did not find any results. The impression left upon me is that there is a clear scarcity of snap packages right now, at least in the Ubuntu Store.

This has lead me to wonder if a deploying snap on top of a classic install, say Debian, is a much better idea, at least in the short term, before the snap ecosystem is sufficiently matured and mainstream. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

-- Luther