Docker to snappy

Anca Emanuel anca.emanuel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:12:29 UTC 2016

Do you have an link to the snappy discourse ?
Thanks.

On Nov 28, 2016 3:38 PM, "Didier Roche" <didrocks at ubuntu.com> wrote:

Le 28/11/2016 à 13:55, Anca Emanuel a écrit :

> Hi.

Hey Anca,

> It is possible to imagine some tool to transform a docker recipe to
> snappy ?
> Example: https://github.com/discourse/discourse_docker

I don't think transforming a dockerfile directly in a snap would work.
Indeed, you are running scripts, don't necessarily have you stack
location in relocatable path and such. I feel this will more error out
and take more time to do the final conversion than being beneficial.

However, as a transition solution, I know we have some docker snap.
Loïc (who worked on snapping docker), is it possible to turn this into a
docker part and embed the image + docker itself, while pointing at the
entry point?
Cheers,
Didier

mailman/listinfo/snapcraft