ANN: snapcraft 2.12 is no available
sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Wed Jun 29 17:50:02 UTC 2016
We are pleased to announce the release of version 2.12 of snapcraft:
This is an exciting release with many new features and improvements.
Among the features to highlight:
- New parts ecosystem where remote parts are managed with some new
snapcraft commands such as, update, search and define.
- Many improvements to the parts parser backend.
- More store interaction straight from snapcraft, `snapcraft register`
is now available to register your snap name.
- Subversion support as a source.
- A gulp plugin
- A qmake plugin
- The possibility of loading from a .snapcraft.yaml
(<dot>snapcraft<dot>yaml) for those wanting to hide this file from their
- rpath with $ORIGIN is properly taken care of now (no more /home/...
- Error message improvements across the board.
- cleanbuild now properly creates ephemeral containers.
This release has seen many contributions from outside of the snapcraft
core team, so we want to give a shout out to these folks, here's a team
thank you for:
- Simon Quigley
- Bayard Randel
- Evan Dandrea
- Daniel Holbach
- Rob Loach
- Joe Talbott
To consume the latest snapcraft release on Xenial Xerus (16.04), we
suggest you install the snapcraft package from the Ubuntu Archives:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install snapcraft
To get the source for this release check it out at
A great place to collaborate and discuss features, bugs and ideas on
snapcraft is snapcraft at lists.ubuntu.com mailing list or directly in the
#snappy channel on irc.freenode.net.
To file bugs, please go to https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+filebug.
- Sergio and the team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Snapcraft