Debugging `confinement: strict` issues

Reinhard Pointner reinhard.pointner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:56:54 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Does anyone have any hints on how to debug issues that only happen in
non-devmode? Like logging when certain "interfaces" are used?

I'm working on snapping a Java application, and I've got `plugs: [home,
network]` in my snapcraft.yaml but the app can't write any files in the
user home (home plug should give the app write access right? also, what
about network shares mounted by the user?). Also, when making http requests
that thread will just deadlock (no exceptions or and timeouts not
respected, so i suspect lower level network api issues).

Cheers,
Reinhard