Debugging `confinement: strict` issues

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Tue Jun 7 15:01:35 UTC 2016

You should see useful hints in the system log (use journalctl to see
it). Most of the errors boil down to one of two cases: forbidden
system call (the message will just contain the system call number
along with some techno babble) and forbidden filesystem path (the
message will indicate the path, the word DENIED and the operation that
was requested but got denied).

If you find those you know where to start. Please share your findings.

Mounted network shares won't be visible AFAIR. Home will be
auto-connected as of the next version but for now you need to connect
it manually with "snap connect yoursnapname:home ubuntu-core:home".

Best regards.
ZK