Man-pages in snaps

Sujeevan Vijayakumaran svij at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 15 20:14:04 UTC 2016

Hi Didier,

Am 08.06.2016 um 09:12 schrieb Didier Roche:
> Le 07/06/2016 14:49, Sujeevan (svij) Vijayakumaran a écrit :
> The desktop team indeed opened this bug, and I'm sure the snappy team
> will respond to it quickly.
> For now, you can't really workaround that (well, telling people to man
> /snaps/snap_name/current/… isn't an option ;))
>
> However, thinking about this, you may be able to add a "man" command in
> between (so that autocompletion show it) in your snapcraft.yaml, which
> is executing "man /snaps/snap_name/current/…" as a workaround.
> That way you will have (if your snap_name matches your command name):

While this sounds like a good workaround, this doesn't work. Atleast, as
I understood, "Man /snap/taskwarrior/…" should work, but it doesn't find
any man pages. If I'm not completely wrong, than snapcraft doesn't
include the man pages which where provided by the taskwarrior package.
Are those man pages explicitly excluded from snapcraft?

This is my snapcraft.yaml:
https://github.com/svijee/taskwarrior-snap/blob/master/snapcraft.yaml

Cheers,
Sujeevan