Setting up Rosetta (plural items handling) for Armenian (hy) translation

Vahagn Poghosyan vahagn34 at yahoo.com
Sat May 6 01:44:53 BST 2006

Hello,

i'm new to Launchpad, and to Rosetta,
and i afraid i didn't clearly figure out what should the format be for such a submission...

Anyway, here's the data for plural handling in Armenian (hy):

To form plural in Armenian a suffix "Õ¥Ö€" or "Õ¶Õ¥Ö€" should be appended to the word (usually for words ending with consonants and words ending with vowels correspondingly).

book = Õ£Õ«Ö€Ö„
books = Õ£Ö€Ö„Õ¥Ö€ (letter "Õ«" is gone, so forming plurals is pretty complex)

However in the phrases like "1 book", "2 books", "10 books", "567 books", the noun is mentioned always in singular form, so there is only one "plural form". E. g.:

0   books  =   0 Õ£Õ«Ö€Ö„
1   books  =   1 Õ£Õ«Ö€Ö„
2   books  =   2 Õ£Õ«Ö€Ö„
37 books  = 37  Õ£Õ«Ö€Ö„

I hope this information is enough to enable handling of plurals for Armenian in Rosetta.

Regards,
Vahagn

P.S. please  let me know if i sent this to wrong address, of if the format has to be fixed.