Translations for SchoolTool and SchoolBell

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue May 17 06:09:24 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 11:28 +0200, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> I am trying to set up the SchoolTool and SchoolBell translations in
> rosetta in the most automatic way possible;)
>
> Since there was no SchoolTool project in LaunchPad, I have added one and
> am trying first to set that up.
>
> I have found some second hand info on the net that rosetta is able to
> harvest translation templates from ubuntu packages as they are being
> built. This seems very interesting, how would I set this up for
> SchoolTool?

It will not work for upstream projects, only for packages inside Ubuntu.

We plan to prepare a solution for upstream translations, but it's not a
planned feature for next month and a half.

> The other option seems to be to update the translations manually every
> now and then.

Yes, that's the solution we have now for upstream translations.

For the initial import of SchoolTool's .pot and .po files I need you
send us the URL where we can get them so we import it inside the release
I think you created at:
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/products/schooltool/0.10-rc1

For SchoolBell, Tom Hoffman imported it already some months ago, so you
should just update the .pot file.

btw, will you be the "official" contact with the SchoolTool project?
(the direct question is... will you be the one uploading .pot files?)

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu Hoary (PowerPC)  => http://www.ubuntulinux.org