translating quickguide - thoughts post hoary

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue Apr 12 10:15:30 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 14:54 +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carlos Perelló Marín:
> > We removed *only* the ones that are only spoken in one country. French
> > is spoken at least in two countries (France and Canada)
> >
> It's still redundant. I've found a few programs with a *bad* "de" and a
> passable "de_DE" translation already, for instance. :-/

Well, I said that we *only* removed some of them, I know there is still
a problem to be solved:

https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/16

> These really should be merged.
>
> NB: If there's a good "de" translation and a few changed strings only in
> "de_CH" (for example), will the rest be picked up from "de"? (Either by
> Rosetta, or by glibc...)

Need to study a bit the problem before answering it. If you subscribe to
the bug report you will be aware of the solution we choose and will be
able to participate in the discussion.

Cheers.