synaptic german

Christian Paratschek christian.paratschek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 04:28:36 CST 2004

hi german translaterors of the synaptic project!

(disclaimer: i will still use english here so that everyone can read
this message, even though it's directed at german native speakers)

first, a little background: my name is christian paratschek, i'm am 28
years old, born and lived in vienna for my whole life. i am a system
administrator and it support and got a degree in history and
pedagogics (yeah, don't ask, hehe). i can't program, never wanted to
learn it, so i am quite happy that i can finally (and easily)
contribute to open source software development, translating stuff. thx
for rosetta, this is really a great project!

i am working on the german (austria) translation of synaptic right now.

i propose the following:
as there are only differences between german and german (austria) it's
quite helpful if you keep both translations open when you work.
sometimes, the "other guys" have already found a really nice
translation.

so, well, happy working.

and yeah, merry christmas :-)

christian