A few comments now that it's live

Martin listmember at gmx.at
Tue Dec 21 04:14:40 CST 2004

 > The Quality Assurance problem is one I'm painfully aware of. The problem
 > is getting the right balance of openness to new contributions and
 > preventing bad translations.
 >
 > Some ideas:
 >
 >  - Some sort of peer review system where translators explicitly approve
 >    other people's translations.
 >
 >  - A notification system so that translators know when their
 >    translations have been modified.
 >
 > Suggestions about how to tackle this problem are welcome.

maybe a rating system can help here:
- to get the rating system working, it must be possible to store
   one translation string per user
- than each translator can rate on a translation string of another user,
   or add his own string
- no translator can delete the string of another translator,
   only the owner(admin) should be allowed to do this
- to avoid conflicts it should be possible for each translator
   to also store a comment for his translation besides the
   translation string
- as result, there could be a quality indicator which can be
   calculated i.e. by counting the average max ratings of all
   translation strings

just an idea

martin