Ubuntu Core Developer application for Dustin Kirkland (kirkland)

Kees Cook kees.cook at canonical.com
Mon Oct 27 15:12:48 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:09:37PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> I've discussed this with a number of my mentors and sponsors, and
> received thorough encouragement to apply from at least:
>  * Kees Cook
>
> I have CC'd each of them on this email, and I hope they might advocate
> on my behalf.
>
> My wiki page is:
>  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DustinKirkland

Here are the comments I added to Dustin's wiki page.  In summary: yes,
please.  :)

I've sponsored many of Dustin's uploads to "main", and I've been very
happy with his work. As I said for his MOTU application, he's
conscientious, and that's important. In addition to being familiar with
the workflows and schedules of Ubuntu, Dustin knows when to ask for
help. His work in the initramfs code has me convinced he knows how to be
effective when touching so many subsystems at the same time. I'd be very
happy to see him with "main" upload privileges.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Ubuntu Security Team