MOTU application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 22 12:35:06 BST 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 22:47:50 Michael Casadevall wrote:
> I'm writing today apply for MOTU status in Ubuntu. I've been highly
> active during the intrepid release cycle, working to help resolve and
> fix many bugs, as well as build stronger ties with Debian by merging
> patches from Ubuntu when appropriate. I have been urged by my sponsors
> to apply for some time, and finally worked up the nerve to face the
> possibility of rejection.

I don't think rejection is an option here :P

Michael did a vast amount of work in a whole bunch of different areas of the
Ubuntu project.
He presented very good knowledge of packaging, as well as development and
FTBFS tracing, integrates well into a lot of communities and cares about them
(most recently he went through quite some trouble just to call Jonathan
Riddell, in order to resolve some pretty serious issues in Intrepid).

Anyway, let's keep this short. Michael works hard, works good and is ready to
become a MOTU.

Regards,
Harald