MOTU application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Oct 29 17:33:02 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 20:08 -0400, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> Having personally seen what can happen when people go poof without
> warning, or fail to meet the promises or responsibilities and how that
> can hurt the distribution as a whole, I would step down from a
> position before letting it get to that point.

That's good to know, thanks.

I spoke with Michael on IRC for a while prior to him sending this mail,
and so we already discussed some of the points within. One thing I said
to him was that as a generalist he seems to list all the things he has
worked on, rather than just saying that he is a generalist, like most
others would. (I don't refer to the application, where you are supposed
to list things that you have worked on).

I think Michael will be a great MOTU, but I had some concerns, and the
application process is the right time to raise them I feel, which is
what I was doing. He has not completely allayed my fears, but I trust
him to not bite off more than he can chew.

Thanks,

James