Application to join core-dev team for Andrew Pollock (Caesar)

Andrew Pollock apollock at google.com
Mon May 26 11:33:26 BST 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Andrew Pollock [2008-05-20 12:05 +0200]:
> > I'd like to apply to become a core developer. I've done a bit of work
> > providing bug fixes, and have a number of packages in Ubuntu by way of
> > Debian. Steve Langasek and Martin Pitt (Cc'ed) should be able to vouch
> for
> > my participation in Ubuntu to date.
>
> I have worked with Andrew on a handful of Ubuntu bug reports. Due to
> his DD experience and his professional background at Google these went
> very well. However, I did not sponsor anything from Andrew to Ubuntu,
> so I do not have enough personal experience with him to vouch for his
> understanding of workflows, policies, freezes, etc. in Ubuntu.

I'll freely admit that I'm not hugely familiar with workflows etc. My main
motivation for wanting to become a core-dev is to be able to directly fix
bugs that we encounter. My immediate priority is fixing small issues in
Hardy in the various point releases, within the constraints of the SRU
process.

> Therefore I'd like to work with him on actual packages before giving
> my recommendation.

If the general consensus is there is a preference for me to become a MOTU
first, then graduate to core-dev, that's fine, just let me know what the
desired course of action is. Alternatively, if you just want to see more
sponsorship runs on the board, let me know. I'd just heard that for DDs, it
was possible to go straight to core-dev, so I thought I'd test that
hypothesis.

--
Andrew Pollock
Google Systems Administrator