Application to join core-dev team for Andrew Pollock (Caesar)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon May 26 08:19:12 BST 2008

Andrew Pollock [2008-05-20 12:05 +0200]:
> I'd like to apply to become a core developer. I've done a bit of work
> providing bug fixes, and have a number of packages in Ubuntu by way of
> Debian. Steve Langasek and Martin Pitt (Cc'ed) should be able to vouch for
> my participation in Ubuntu to date.

I have worked with Andrew on a handful of Ubuntu bug reports. Due to
his DD experience and his professional background at Google these went
very well. However, I did not sponsor anything from Andrew to Ubuntu,
so I do not have enough personal experience with him to vouch for his
understanding of workflows, policies, freezes, etc. in Ubuntu.

Therefore I'd like to work with him on actual packages before giving
my recommendation.

Thanks!

Martin