In an attempt to make some things right...

Sarah Hobbs hobbsee at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 20 13:36:25 GMT 2008

Hey all,

After i banned Marco (kmos) from #ubuntu-motu, #ubuntu-devel, and
#ubuntu-bugs, there was excessive channel noise, and I received many
emails, including from people high in authority, about how this was not
to be done, that MOTU is not anarchy, and that the channel decisions
should be made by the relevant Councils.  If it was considered that they
had not done so in a reasonable length of time, I (and we) were asked to
take evidence of it to Jono Bacon, and he would review it justly.  This
offer still stands.

Consequently, I've undone these bans.  If the MOTU council wishes to
reinstate these bans, they will need to send public, written, non-irc
communication requesting what type of bans they would like, and in what
channels.  Fortunately, I am not on the council, and my original bans
have been reversed, so it is no longer my concern, nor my problem to
deal with.  I trust that the MOTU council will make wise decisions in
this matter, and will not lose good contributors in the process.

Good luck on the hardy release!

Hobbsee