Statement from the MOTU Council about Marco Rodrigues

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jan 29 13:35:12 GMT 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008 06:01, Soren Hansen wrote:
> Looking at the report compiled by Cesare Tirabassi and Daniel Holbach
> [1] (thanks for the work you and others put into it), we feel it's
> necessary to issue this statement.
>
>      1. We appreciate Marco Rodrigues' insight after this supervision
>         period [2]. Marco: Taking the time to carefully reflect about
>         the comments will hopefully prove useful to you.
>      2. Further we'd like to ask Marco Rodrigues to refrain from
>         contributing to Ubuntu Development from now on. The way this
>         happened in the past was marked by repetition and lack of
>         improvement in a lot areas and constant supervision in the team
>         is not sustainable.
>      3. We believe that the same problems and conditions will probably
>         apply to other situations and scenarios too. Therefore we'd
>         like to give the advice to take the comments about impatience,
>         integration with a team, asking for guidance seriously.
>      4. We wish Marco the best for his future.
>      5. If Marco Rodrigues wishes to come back the MC will require:
>              1. MOTUs supporting this wish actively.
>              2. A solid indication of changes in the work style.
>
> [1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/motu-council/2008-January/000762.html
> [2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/motu-council/2008-January/000768.html
>

> On behalf of the MOTU council,
> Soren Hansen
> Daniel Holbach
> Michael Bienia

I'd like to bring this:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-dct/2008-January/000038.html

to the attention of the council.  He persists.  I'd suggest that he's been
given enough chances to voluntarily comply and that the council's direction
should be enforced.

His acting as an Ubuntu developer towards Debian is particularly unfortunate
since he's already gained a reputation there (he was removed from the
debian-games team due to a large number of bad commits to their svn) that is
not helpful to Ubuntu.

Scott K