MOTU Application for Fabien Tassin (fta)

Alexander Sack asac at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 25 15:19:28 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 09:59:12AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Yes, but people on other teams not so tightly tied to the Gnome desktop get
> these objections, so why should mozillateam be special?
>
> This isn't personal.  As you say, I've no idea either way, but if it isn't
> important to be part of the MOTU community, then it should be consistently
> not important.

The mozillateam is a vital part of the MOTU community. Its just that we
have our own IRC channel. Here a few things we do within the realm of the
MOTU ecosystem:

 + we maintain universe packages

 + we review all packages and contributions to mozilla related
 packages (well we might miss one here and there, but we will never
 turn anyone down who asks us to review anything (in launchpad or on
 revu)).

 + we offer help to all MOTUs or ubuntu contributors that need help
 with their mozilla related packages.

 + we mentor MOTU applicants

 + we try to get easy entry level tasks out - like packaging
 extensions that allow fresh-blood to do their initial steps.

 - Alexander