Universe Contributors application for Iain Lane (Laney)

rainct at ubuntu.com rainct at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 14 22:45:05 BST 2008

Although I don't recall sponsoring any package from Iain, I've seen
his work on ubuntu-dev-tools which was certainly good and I've seen
him frequently on IRC, so if Daniel can testify that his packaging
contributions are significant enough I'd like to give my support to
his application :).

Regards,

Siegfried-A. Gevatter (RainCT)

2008/8/14, Iain Lane <ubuntu at orangesquash.org.uk>:
> Hello MOTU council, hi gracious sponsors,
>
> I would very much like your consideration for my application to become a
> Ubuntu Universe Contributor.
>
> I have been involved in Ubuntu development for approximately six months
> now, starting out with some tiny bitesize bug fixes in the Hardy cycle
> and graduating to merges and syncs for Intrepid. I've now had experience
> in most major areas that we work in, through to SRUs and transitions.
>
> I've also contributed some code and an additional script to
> ubuntu-dev-tools at [0]. These scripts can be very useful for Ubuntu
> developers in their work, and there is still much scope for improvement
> here.
>
> You can view my wiki page, in which I have documented some of my work at
> [1], and of course my +packages page at [2].
>
> In the future, I plan on staying on much the same course. I see
> opportunities for packaging of various functional/dependently typed
> related packages, which I will probably attack in the next few weeks.
> I'll work on fixing as many bugs as I can and getting as much excellent
> software in for Intrepid as is possible!
>
> I'd like to thank my sponsors Daniel, Jonathan and Siegfried-Angel for
> kindly agreeing (and volunteering!) to speak to my application. Your
> help is greatly appreciated. I'd also like to thank the Ubuntu-UK
> podcast for providing the soundtrack to my writing of this application ;)
>
> Thanks to you all for your consideration,
> Iain
>
> [0] https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-dev/ubuntu-dev-tools/trunk
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IainLane
> [2] https://launchpad.net/~laney/+packages