Universe Contributors application for Iain Lane (Laney)

Iain Lane ubuntu at orangesquash.org.uk
Thu Aug 14 22:36:34 BST 2008

Hello MOTU council, hi gracious sponsors,

I would very much like your consideration for my application to become a
Ubuntu Universe Contributor.

I have been involved in Ubuntu development for approximately six months
now, starting out with some tiny bitesize bug fixes in the Hardy cycle
and graduating to merges and syncs for Intrepid. I've now had experience
in most major areas that we work in, through to SRUs and transitions.

I've also contributed some code and an additional script to
ubuntu-dev-tools at [0]. These scripts can be very useful for Ubuntu
developers in their work, and there is still much scope for improvement
here.

You can view my wiki page, in which I have documented some of my work at
[1], and of course my +packages page at [2].

In the future, I plan on staying on much the same course. I see
opportunities for packaging of various functional/dependently typed
related packages, which I will probably attack in the next few weeks.
I'll work on fixing as many bugs as I can and getting as much excellent
software in for Intrepid as is possible!

I'd like to thank my sponsors Daniel, Jonathan and Siegfried-Angel for
kindly agreeing (and volunteering!) to speak to my application. Your
help is greatly appreciated. I'd also like to thank the Ubuntu-UK
podcast for providing the soundtrack to my writing of this application ;)

Thanks to you all for your consideration,
Iain

[0] https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-dev/ubuntu-dev-tools/trunk
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IainLane
[2] https://launchpad.net/~laney/+packages