MOTU Application for Fabien Tassin (fta)

Alexander Sack asac at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 14 17:38:33 BST 2008

Hi Fabien,
(hi all),

I am happy that you finally applied.

Without thinking, I fully backup your MOTU application. Your
contributions for the mozillatem alone have been of such an
outstanding and substantial long-term nature, that that alone makes
your application long overdue.

On top of your excellent technical skills you are always responsive
and it's a joy to work with you. I am sure that becoming a MOTU will
only accellerate your contributions in the mozillateam and beyond.

You will definitly be a huge win for the MOTU team. Thanks a lot and
keep up your magnificent work.

@Motu-Council:
  obviously, A big "++" from my side for Fabien's MOTU application.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:17:23PM +0200, Fabien Tassin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been a long term Debian user and for quite some time now an active
> Ubuntu contributor.
>
> The main reason why I initially switched to Ubuntu was about getting more
> frequent releases.
>
> To get even more recent snapshots from upstream, I ran my own build bot for
> quite some time, which reuses the ubuntu packaging and trigger an automatic
> merge and package respin when upstream commits new revisions to their
> repository.
>
> In the course of doing that I joined the #ubuntu-mozillateam to contribute to
> packaging the latest mozilla software.
>
> Since then, I did considerable work in all kind of mozilla packaging, most
> notably tracking the xulrunner-1.9 and firefox-3.0 branch.
>
> For other packages I am interested in and for which I did packaging, please see
> my PPA [1]. To name a few:
>
>  + xulrunner-1.9.1, firefox-3.1 (alpha releases)
>  + seamonkey 2.0
>  + thunderbird 3.0
>  + songbird
>  + flock (2.0 beta)
>  + prism
>  + miro
>
> Unfortunately, the launchpad +packages list broke during the recent launchpad
> upgrades so the list you can see there doesn't really reflect all the uploads I
> was involved with. To give you an idea, in addition to +related-software on
> LP[2], some of the packages to which I have contributed to, for either bug
> fixes, merges or packaging are apturl, devhelp, dpkg, cairo, fontconfig,
> liferea, pastebinit, pixman, valgrind and vim.
>
> Given my considerable amount of contributions over the last 1.5 years, I think
> that I have proven that I am familiar enough with packaging procedures for both
> applications and lib to finally apply for MOTU membership.
>
> I have CCed a few of the people I worked with in the past and who I think would
> support my application here.
>
> If you have questions, feel free to ask.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> /Fabien
>
> [1] - https://edge.launchpad.net/~fta/+archive
> [2] - https://edge.launchpad.net/~fta/+related-software