MOTU Application for Fabien Tassin (fta)

Fabien Tassin fta at sofaraway.org
Thu Aug 14 17:17:23 BST 2008

Hi,

I have been a long term Debian user and for quite some time now an active
Ubuntu contributor.

The main reason why I initially switched to Ubuntu was about getting more
frequent releases.

To get even more recent snapshots from upstream, I ran my own build bot for
quite some time, which reuses the ubuntu packaging and trigger an automatic
merge and package respin when upstream commits new revisions to their
repository.

In the course of doing that I joined the #ubuntu-mozillateam to contribute to
packaging the latest mozilla software.

Since then, I did considerable work in all kind of mozilla packaging, most
notably tracking the xulrunner-1.9 and firefox-3.0 branch.

For other packages I am interested in and for which I did packaging, please see
my PPA [1]. To name a few:

 + xulrunner-1.9.1, firefox-3.1 (alpha releases)
 + seamonkey 2.0
 + thunderbird 3.0
 + songbird
 + flock (2.0 beta)
 + prism
 + miro

Unfortunately, the launchpad +packages list broke during the recent launchpad
upgrades so the list you can see there doesn't really reflect all the uploads I
was involved with. To give you an idea, in addition to +related-software on
LP[2], some of the packages to which I have contributed to, for either bug
fixes, merges or packaging are apturl, devhelp, dpkg, cairo, fontconfig,
liferea, pastebinit, pixman, valgrind and vim.

Given my considerable amount of contributions over the last 1.5 years, I think
that I have proven that I am familiar enough with packaging procedures for both
applications and lib to finally apply for MOTU membership.

I have CCed a few of the people I worked with in the past and who I think would
support my application here.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance,

/Fabien

[1] - https://edge.launchpad.net/~fta/+archive
[2] - https://edge.launchpad.net/~fta/+related-software