Core-Dev Application: Till Kamppeter

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 2 18:15:00 BST 2008

Stefan Potyra [2008-04-02 18:20 +0200]:
> hm... I'm getting a little bit sceptical, when you wrote that pitti gave the
> 2nd ACK. Why would he first review a package, and later reject it from
> source-new? [3].

As I already wrote, I did not review the entire package *before* the
upload, since I would do it anyway in source NEW.

So I left Till and Saivan to figure out a package which would work and
get some testing results in a PPA, and when Till was happy, I told him
that he can upload and I'd review it in source/binary NEW. Which I did
quite extensively [1][2][3][4].

As you see in [3] some bad source packages slipped through, thus I
rejected the binaries in [4]. I apologize for that glitch, I make some
errors, too. But those binaries never made it to the archive.

So, again, if you think that reviewing packaging in source NEW is a
bad thing, please tell me and I'll stop doing so. I admit that around
Feature Freeze, when NEW had some 150 packages inside, it was tempting
to take shortcuts and avoid duplicate reviews.

Apparently this leads to too much confusion, so I'll avoid that
shortcut in the future and review packages before they get uploaded
(and review them again in source NEW).

Sorry for the confusion.

Martin

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-archive/2008-February/015982.html
[2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-archive/2008-February/015983.html
[3] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-archive/2008-February/016142.html
[4] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-archive/2008-February/016143.html

My 5 today: #154596 (jockey), #207957 (jockey), #207928 (jockey),
#202802 (jockey, linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24), #204940 (apport)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day