MOTU Application

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:30:42 GMT 2007

Am Montag 26 November 2007 23:18:55 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> On Monday 26 November 2007 15:45, Harald Sitter wrote:
> > Dear MOTU Council.
> >
> > Please consider my application to become a MOTU.
> >
> > My name is Harald Sitter, I'm 19 years old, living in (Upper) Austria and
> > this is my application to become a MOTU.

> > I CC'd my sponsors and want to say "thank you" to them, for giving me
> > beloved feedback :-)

> > * Scott Kitterman (ScottK)

> Just for fun, since it's been a while since I sponsored one of your
> uploads, I'll ask a question:
>
> What's the worst mistake you've made on something you asked to have
> uploaded (new package, new upstream, or new revision, your choice) that a
> MOTU caught in the last 3 months?  How would it have gone if you'd been a
> MOTU already?

Definitively a wrong version number for a new package (something like
x.y.z-ubuntu0) which made me write a script to double check the version
before the package upload to revu.

Hard to say how that have gone if I'd been a MOTU already. But since I'd been
aware of the increased responsibility it probably wouldn't have happened,
though if it would have (and considering the archive admin didn't notice it
either) I probably would have to do an extra shift to sort that mess (I'm one
of the insane people who can't sleep until such an issue is settled).

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Contributor