Only shown red arrow for mir_demo_server && mir_demo_client?

Alan Griffiths alan.griffiths at canonical.com
Sat May 4 14:10:50 UTC 2013

Hi Mir user,

you're unlikely to amaze your friends with these demo programs - they
are targeted at developers wanting to know how to write for Mir, not (at
least currently) end users.

The arrow you see is a cursor (admittedly an unsophisticated one) it
should move with your mouse.

The binaries have poor names (c.f.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1108715) and this is one cause of
your confusion. (There is also a lack of documentation - not even a
"--help" option.)

Anyway...

mir_demo_client is a minimal example of the code needed to connect to
the Mir server - it doesn't actually display anything.

mir_demo_client_accelerated and mir_demo_client_unaccelerated show two
different ways of displaying something.

mir_egl* are additional clients that also display things.

mir_demo_shell is an alternative server that supports Alt-TAB switching
between multiple clients.

HTH
Alan