Only shown red arrow for mir_demo_server && mir_demo_client?

Xiang Zhai xiangzhai83 at
Sat May 4 15:00:48 UTC 2013

> Hi Mir user,
Linux Deepin BD say hi to Mir developers :)
> you're unlikely to amaze your friends with these demo programs - they
> are targeted at developers wanting to know how to write for Mir, not (at
> least currently) end users.
Emm... there are a lot of cool videos on youtube about Mir on PC &&
Android, so how is going about Mir and UnityNextUI? Is it available to
Mir developers && users in Ubuntu 13.10?
> The arrow you see is a cursor (admittedly an unsophisticated one) it
> should move with your mouse.
I do not often use my mouse, and I experienced the cursor moving now :)
> The binaries have poor names (c.f.
> and this is one cause of
> your confusion. (There is also a lack of documentation - not even a
> "--help" option.)
> Anyway...
> mir_demo_client is a minimal example of the code needed to connect to
> the Mir server - it doesn't actually display anything.
Yes, it is a very good Hello World example to connect and create Surface :)
> mir_demo_client_accelerated and mir_demo_client_unaccelerated show two
> different ways of displaying something.
And I experienced mir_demo_client_accelerated