Fwd: Screen Blanking Power Management Requirements

Robert Carr robert.carr at canonical.com
Tue Jun 25 16:39:48 UTC 2013

>> Also, the assertion that input events will trigger dbus messages is
either a bad interpretation of mine, or just a bad idea. Input events
easily happen 1000 times per second. You don't want to turn those into a
flood of bus messages. The timeout has to happen in the Mir server itself.

The shell will use a timer, and send DBus messages like:

session_gone_inactive (no input events in X minutes), activity_resumed (an
input event on an inactive session).