Fwd: Screen Blanking Power Management Requirements

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Tue Jun 25 02:54:35 UTC 2013

Some of the feature, like the blank/unblank obviously lives inside
libmirserver. But I think we should also move common logic that won't
change between shells into libmirserver, such as detection of input
events to calculate inactivity.

Also, the assertion that input events will trigger dbus messages is
either a bad interpretation of mine, or just a bad idea. Input events
easily happen 1000 times per second. You don't want to turn those into a
flood of bus messages. The timeout has to happen in the Mir server itself.