[lubuntu-users] Gnash needed in newer Lubuntus

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Mon Jan 13 22:36:35 UTC 2020

Walter Lapchynski,

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about the state of Flash
in such detail and for offering so many thoughtful suggestions. I'm very
grateful. I'll recap my needs and try to give more detail as well.
Please feel free to correct any misunderstandings I have.

I need an open source (hence my current use of Gnash and future use of
Lightspark), Flash player for local SWF files, from Lubuntu 20.04 LTS
on. The Flash Player needs to be open source so that I can freely
re-distribute it, stand-alone is a preference, not a requirement - the
SWF files *could* be played via a web browser plugin/add on if need be -
and the Flash player needs to run on Qt5 because that's what
Lubuntu/LXQt needs.

There are a total of 142 SWF files that will need to be easily played
from the HDD [a synopsis of the SWF files are here, interspersed with
web browser/javascript games
http://computers4christians.org/C4C/Christian-Games.html], the vast
majority of which are based on SWF versions 5 & 6 - one outlier is based
on SWF 8, but that one SWF file can be sacrificed if the others can be
saved.

Eric Bradshaw
--
Thank You,