[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu 18.10 (Cosmic Cuttlefish) Released!

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 22 04:13:17 UTC 2018

> > On 10/20/18 2:13 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> > > 1. I usually test 32-bit systems first.  I noticed that a 32-bit DVD
> > > or USB would go a very long time without booting on a machine with
> > > 64-bit hardware.

This might be a kernel issue. Since Xubuntu and Lubuntu are the only
flavors supporting 32 bit, I wouldn't be surprised. Might want to dig
through syslog and dmesg and see if there are any errors. Do you have
the same problem in a virtual machine?

> > > 3. On past levels of Lubuntu, Thunderbird Mail was the e-mail
> > > client.

Nope, it was always Sylpheed. My guess is you installed Thunderbird and
as you upgraded it remained there. Don't believe me? Look for
Thunderbird under the list of dependencies for the [bionic
lubuntu-desktop package][1]. It's not there. But Sylpheed is.

[1]: https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/lubuntu-desktop

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D