[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu 18.10 (Cosmic Cuttlefish) Released!

Mon Oct 22 17:52:33 UTC 2018

On 10/21/18 10:13 PM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> This might be a kernel issue. Since Xubuntu and Lubuntu are the only
> flavors supporting 32 bit, I wouldn't be surprised. Might want to dig
> through syslog and dmesg and see if there are any errors. Do you have
> the same problem in a virtual machine?

> Nope, it was always Sylpheed. My guess is you installed Thunderbird and
> as you upgraded it remained there. Don't believe me? Look for
> Thunderbird under the list of dependencies for the [bionic
> lubuntu-desktop package][1]. It's not there. But Sylpheed is.
>
> [1]: https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/lubuntu-desktop

Walter:

Thank you for your comments.

I will do my Xubuntu testing today.

My question about Thunderbird mail, is not that it isn't the recommended
mail client.  The potential problem, is that if it won't run on Lubuntu
18.10 (actually, on Lubuntu 19.04), I will have to use a different
distribution (such as Ubuntu or Xubuntu) for my production system.

Which brings to mind another question.  The latest version of the
Eclipse integrated development environment, can only be installed as a
snap package.  Do snap package installations work on Lubuntu?

- Aere

--
Sincerely,
Aere