[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu's repository

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Nov 12 05:42:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 20:14:20 -0600, Israel wrote:
>If you wanted privacy because you were in an oppressive country trying
>to have more freedom of information I would give you names of programs
>you could use to help, as well as specific distributions which would
>make your internet activity less easy to track.

Hi,

don't pussyfoot around.

Noobs should consider to use

https://tails.boum.org/

since it helps top avoid some mistakes.

However, inform yourself about issues by reading

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#AmITotallyAnonymous
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#AttacksOnOnionRouting

and other information provided by the TOR project.

I dislike criminals and I much more dislike the media claiming that TOR
is much misused for illegal activities. Those claims are bullshit,
since only a criminal idiot would use TOR and care about the pitfalls of
TOR.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#Criminals

"Doesn't Tor enable criminals to do bad things?

Criminals can already do bad things. Since they're willing to break
laws, they already have lots of options available that provide better
privacy than Tor provides. They can steal cell phones, use them, and
throw them in a ditch; they can crack into computers in Korea or Brazil
and use them to launch abusive activities; they can use spyware,
viruses, and other techniques to take control of literally millions of
Windows machines around the world.

Tor aims to provide protection for ordinary people who want to follow
the law. Only criminals have privacy right now, and we need to fix
that." - https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq-abuse.html.en

Regards,
Ralf