[lubuntu-users] Let us discuss: Lubuntu alternate iso files are oversized for CD disks

Wed Jun 1 20:22:52 UTC 2016

On 06/01/2016 10:12 AM, E James wrote:
> It's also possible that I'm remembering Ubuntu rather than Lubuntu.
Starting with 12.04 (in all Ubuntu variants), the install would crash
during the slide-show (while copying files).

Removing the ubiquity-slideshow package (in the live system) would
successfully work around the problem.

Lubuntu solved the problem by using Zram, and worked more reliably with
512 megabytes RAM than other Ubuntu variants.

It's getting so that only Lubuntu will run well in my machines with only
512 meg RAM - mostly because it's the only Ubuntu variant that runs well
with the slower speed of those machines.

It's getting where even Xubuntu won't run in my slower machines, so I'm
not getting 512-meg-RAM install experience with other Ubuntu variants now.

--
Sincerely,
Aere