[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu Bug Day Ubuntu On Air Session at 19:00 UTC

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:51:37 UTC 2016

On 26 July 2016 at 17:50,  <scrooyahoo at riseup.net> wrote:
> its backwards annoing and disrespects my privacy.

As a counter-argument, I'd argue that you are disrespecting us & the
other members of the (L)Ubuntu community by insisting on anonymity.

Anonymity is not privacy, nor is privacy equivalent to anonymity.

You join this mailing list and apparently expect to receive help and
support and you do not even have the manners to give your name.

As a parallel: if I was hosting a party, and someone came with a mask
on and refused to give their name, I would not welcome them. I'd throw
them out for their extreme rudeness.

A mailing list is no different.

As a general rule, whereas I frequent many mailing lists and a few
newsgroups, I generally will not help people using visibly false
names. I consider it poor manners.

You are complaining about a service of questionable legality being
blocked by an external service that is nothing to do with Ubuntu. This
is the wrong place to complain about it, we are the wrong people, and
I suggest you consider how your netiquette compares to basic
real-world manners and civility.