Window compositing in Lubuntu 14.04

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 16:07:47 UTC 2015

Hi Fritz!
sorry for not being more explanatory there.

you can run a command from a terminal and then add *&disown* after the
command to disown it from the terminal.  Then if you close the terminal
the program will still be running.  If you don't disown the program from
that terminal it will close when the terminal closes.

feel free to test it with something simple, like leafpad to make it
clear the window closes when you close the terminal, or not (if you add
&disown).

compton -b   makes it do the same thing as disowning it (basically)...
it runs compton in the *b*ackground

I'd highly suggest using compton over xcompmgr, since it is in active
development and has fixed some of the bugs in xcompmgr.