Fwd: RE: unable to install lubuntu & Ubuntu

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:42:40 UTC 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RE: unable to install lubuntu & Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 17:32:09 +0000
From: Tan, Sek-Aun <s.a.tan at lancaster.ac.uk>
To: Barry Titterton <titterton.barry at gmail.com>

Hello Barry,

I have no intention to replace the Windows OS.

My only intention is to install all these necessary systems (VirtualBox
and Lubuntu/Ubuntu) just to run the SPDlib software for LiDAR data
processing.

BTW, after couple hours of trying, the Oracle VM is now on my system (i
am not sure whether it is fully functioning as i have never used it
before). But i have the warning message on the small command prompt
window saying "FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted." (pls
find attached print screen).

So the question now is : is the system on and ready to use?

And how to install Linux (the Step 4 on the recommended website
http://spectraldifferences.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/installing-rsgislib-on-windows-through-a-virtual-machine/)
and proceed with others installation steps.

Thanks.