Mailing list etiquette

wxl at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 4 15:28:58 UTC 2014

On Oct 4, 2014 8:22 AM, "John Hupp" <lubuntu at prpcompany.com> wrote:
> On 10/4/2014 11:09 AM, ∅ wrote:

>> Especially read the part about quoting. This has gotten out of hand on
this list.

> Sorry, that was me.

Not trying to point the finger at you which is why I didn't include your
email in there! Besides, it was everyone who contributed to it. You were
just the unlucky guy who went over the edge.

> And that's a good pointer.  I was not aware of that convention.

I have had that referenced by about every mailing list I've ever been on.
Just in case you're on other lists!

> I had intentionally not trimmed posts for the sake of anyone who wanted
to catch up on the flow of a thread by reading a single email.

The important thing is cutting out what's not important to the discussion
you're making. The archive can shed light on the backstory if needed.

> I see now that the etiquette here is both to snip and to bottom-post.

Exactly! Thank you!

wxl