14.04 and its support

Phill Whiteside PhillW at PhillW.net
Fri May 30 20:25:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

provided you are not subjected to the update notifier bug, you will receive
a steady stream of updates. If you are not receiving update notifications,
I'd suggest opening a terminal session:

Menu --> Accessories --> LXTerminal

Then issue the following command (you will be prompted for your password).
This may take a while to complete... Do NOT turn your computer off!!!!

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

update will pull in the list of new updates, upgrade will install them. If
there are a lot of updates to be done, I'd advise doing a reboot once they
are all installed. The updates include a fix to the update notifier :)

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw