Grub2 theme in the spirit of Lubuntu?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Sun May 25 15:02:12 UTC 2014

I have set desktop-image in theme.txt and GRUB_BACKGROUND in
/etc/default/grub to both point at the Lubuntu wallpaper file, and in my
VM testing I don't see a terminal box.  It may be that it appears but
blends so nicely that it's not apparent.

But the terminal box was apparent on real hardware when I was testing
other things (before I started work on my theme), so that's why further
testing is still on my to-do list.

If the terminal box appearance seems like a problem on real hardware,
then I plan on looking at the further-refined hack nicely detailed in
Towheeds Definitive Guide.  It provides more precision for the overlaid
box.  See the section "Workarounds For Known Bugs - Apply a background
image to the terminal window."  I think you already know about this
guide, but for general reference an archive of the guide can be
downloaded from http://ubuntuone.com/2EslXTLj5s2zzbeYKx17wJ

Setting terminal-box to a non-existent file set seemed to have the
result in the VM that the terminal box did not appear.  But on real
hardware with that setting, the default black box appeared. It may be
that the VM just does not display the terminal box at all for some reason.

In any case, no, no way to truly make it not appear, but some hacks that
may be workable enough.