Mozilla SeaMonkey

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Wed Jun 4 04:21:01 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 05:05 PM, James McCoy wrote:
>> Anyone use or familiar with SeaMonkey? I tried it and fell in love it
>> with as lightweight replacement for both Firefox and Thunderbird. I do
>> have a couple of questions.
>>
>> James
>> Indiana / USA

James,

I use SeaMonkey at least weekly, if not daily. However, as odd as it may
sound - I really only use SeaMonkey's Composer. Not that there is
anything wrong with the Browser or Email or News Reader (are news
readers still used?) components. Once and a while it's easier, or
quicker for me to look at a web page with the Browser component of
SeaMonkey, but that's pretty rare. And I too remember Netscape. Good stuff.

I'm not an expert on all things SeaMonkey (and I don't think I read what
your questions actually were), but as far as downloading, installing and
adding SeaMonkey to the menu in Lubuntu - I do have a how-to (on a web
site in which I actually use the Composer component of SeaMonkey a
bunch): http://computers4christians.org/FAQ/OS/HowTo/Shortcut/Example.html

Eric
--
Thank You,